DIY Nail Care
So, your nails need a little TLC but you don’t have the time to get a manicure? No worries! Here are some quick and easy ways for you to keep your nails healthy and beautiful between manicure visits.
- Rub a slice of lime on your nails twice a day for pinkish nails.
- Take more calcium and Biotin (this will prevent getting white spots on your nails )
- Rub your nails and cuticles with olive oil every day. Just dip a cotton ball in the oil and rub into your nails. Then let it soak in for up to five minutes. This is a great way to keep your nails and cuticles conditioned and moisturized.
- Massage your nails with almond oil daily . Not only will this make your nails stronger, but it will also give them a healthy shine.
Continuous wear of colored nail polish can darken your nails over time. Nail polish robs your nails of oxygen. It’s always a good idea to give your nails a “vacation” from nail color so they can breathe and get fresh air. However, if you need some extra help with nail whitening, try these home remedies.
- Scrub your nails with a whitening toothpaste to help with discoloration.
- Another idea: soak your nails in water with lemon wedges. Lemons are a natural astringent and can help restore your nails to their natural color.
- Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste. Put on the center of nail and leave on for five minutes. Rinse off.
- Dissolve a whitening denture tablet in water. Soak your nails in the solution for three to five minutes to help with whitening.
Hope these ideas help!