Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil packs a pretty powerful punch when it comes to your health. Every tablespoon of coconut oil delivers a myriad of wellness benefits, including anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic and anti-fungal properties. But when it comes to beauty uses for coconut oil, the possibilities are endless. The good thing is, coconut oil is very affordable, easy to store and completely natural. So head to your nearest supermarket or health food store to stock up on this wonder oil.
1. After Shave-Great moisturizer without clogging your pores. Use it after your shave to prevent razor burn and to ensure a smooth and soft shave on your legs, underarms or anywhere else on your body.
2. Lip Moisturizer-Coconut oil can be used as a natural chapstick. It also has an SPF 4 so you also get a little sun protection. Dab it on your lips to wear alone or underneath your favorite lipstick or lipgloss.
3. Exfoliating facial scrub-Mix a couple teaspoons of coconut oil with oatmeal and cinnamon or baking soda for a great, facial treatment.
4. Eye Cream-Dab a little underneath your eyes to reduce puffiness and wrinkles.
5. Deep Conditioner-Mix with your favorite leave in conditioner or use alone under a heated cap for a deep penetrating treatment.
6. Make Up Remover-Saturate a cotton ball and sweep it across your eyes to remove stubborn eye makeup.
7. Oily Skin Fix – prone to oily skin or an oily T-zone? Use a pea sized amount underneath makeup or alone to reduce the appearance of oil.
8. Stretch Mark Remover-Great for expecting mothers!
9. Blemish Reducer-Mix with nutmeg…leave on for 10 and 15 minutes then wash off.
10. Cuticle Softener– Dab a little bit onto your cuticles with an old makeup brush or a Q-tip to soften and moisturize.